Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo Squirrel View Post
You guys just plain dont get it. You lack the vision to see the difference. And i never said i was some hot shit designer.

The FXX and ACR are different than the apollo b/c the viper and enzo are nicely and cohesively designed vehicles, love them or hate them, they are well put together (not talking about fit and finish) The gumpert is not well designed....it has no design, it makes no sense. ACR and FXX are good looking cars with a few mechanical and aero mods for the track. Underneath, there is good design, like a really hot girl wearing catchers gear for a softball game. Underneath she is a hottie. The gumpert is like a rosanne bar wearing goalie pads.

But if you were a heart surgeon, and another surgeon botched an operation....and me (who has no training to be in the medical field) started telling you that I know what im talking about.....you would be like WTF....and thats what we feel like: WTF
No you didn't claim to be some shit hot designer. You just made it seem that way by say I shouldn't comment on things I don't understand. An arrogant comment based on something you made up. I never commented on the analysis at all. I took exception to being told to go buy a Corolla when I stated my taste in a car.

What's under the add ons is good looking but with the add-ons they are ugly. That's all we said. I didn't say either car wasn't a fantastic design from a pure design perspective in it's original form. The FXX is slightly different. The ACR is very different in that they just took the VERY GOOD LOOKING Viper and left it in a trailer park overnight then copied what was done to it.

If you met Charlize Theron in her full makeup for Monster and didn't know who she was underneath you wouldn't give her a second look in case you threw up. That's what happens with the ACR. Even knowing there's a good looking car underneath doesn't change the fact that it's been made up to be ugly. That's my point.

I never said your analysis was wrong or inaccurate. In fact I said I enjoyed your humourous picture analysis. What I said was that regardless of the rules followed, people either like or don't like the look of cars. Personal taste.

Now we've established I never knocked your critique and was only commenting on my personal taste (which won't be changed by anyone) can we be friends again?
Appreciate 0