12-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #1
Pablo
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2019 40i 6 Month Review

ENGINE/TRANSMISSION
The B58 engine paired with the ZF transmission is remarkable. Fast, smooth, efficient and quiet. Coming from an E70 4.8 liter V8, the straight six/8-speed transmission combo is worlds more responsive, faster, less strained and drinks less. Coming from a V8, I was concerned the exhaust note might be thin, but it sounds great. By far the best engine/drivetrain I've experienced.

SUSPENSION
Standard suspension is surprisingly good. Like the engine/tranny, it's a well balanced combination of comfort and sport. It has all of the performance of my E70 but soaks up bumps much better. I wouldn't mind if it were a little stiffer in Sport mode, but it's still remarkably tight for a base suspension and should be reliable for many years.

INTERIOR
Quiet, sporty and luxurious. I highly recommend comfort seats, quiet glass and HK Audio. Spend time dialing in the EQ and it will reward you with amazingly clear vocals, 3-dimensional soundstage and dynamic sound.

OVERALL
The G05 X5 is the perfect balance of comfort and sport. It's composed in the city, feeling like a much smaller vehicle, and effortless on the highway. You get a feeling it was developed for the Autobahn because it is so natural at speed - stable, quiet, controlled and comfortable.

Last edited by Pablo; 12-02-2019 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 5
mhodx5111.50
TurtleBoy13276.00
LexxM31698.50
sygazelle11420.50
perikifi165.50