Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
This is rich coming from the NFL
Which played the black national anthem at games and has criminals names on players jerseys
But do not even support the men and women in the service uniforms who keep the arenas safe for them to be able to hold such an event
Mr kettle meet Ms pot
I do think Gruden had to be fired but I also see this is a fair point. There are plenty of straight up criminals in NFL uniforms running around scot free. Gruden said a lot of bad shit but it doesn't compare to the actions of a lot of current and former players. Just look at what Richard Sherman and Antonio Brown have been up to lately, yet the Bucs are putting millions in their pocket which simultaneously trashing Gruden's legacy in their organization. If that isn't hypocrisy I don't know what is.

But anyhow, the difference here is that Gruden is in one of the most visible and influential positions within an organization. Trying to hang onto him wasn't even a consideration in today's socio-political climate. The NFL is trying to expand its fanbase and stuff like this can't fly.
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410982.50