02-20-2019, 09:13 AM   #7
ssadri
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 540xi M-Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
I think the only person who should be ashamed is the OP who wants to use a speaker to produce artificial exhaust sounds.

You can code ASD options on other series so eventually it might be possible to modify the engine sound and volume on the G05.
I do agree that it is a money grab but the purpose of this thread is to see what options are out there and hear suggestions from fellow members on possible solutions. Especially with the way emission regulations are moving forward and with the new California Bill 1824 (Unfortunate California Resident) that was just passed, The state will fine $1000 for any modified vehicle and possibly send your vehicle to the state ref. I of all people who have previously modified every and any vehicle I have owned in the past with quality aftermarket exhaust systems from Dinan and Akrapovic Evolution Line, am very concerned both with the ripoff of the lackluster OEM exhaust from BMW and inability to install aftermarket performance part for the foreseeable future here in California.

2009 BMW X6 50i Dinan (Sold) Alpine White
2003 BMW ///M3 (Sold) Laguna Seca Blue | 1995 BMW ///M3 (Sold) Santorini Blue II
Appreciate 0