View Single Post
      11-20-2019, 03:19 PM   #45
LAR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
I think many are over thinking the ride quality and handling of air suspension but especially the above quote regards to fast lane changes, turns, accident avoidance- which gets a :facepalm:

If air suspension is so bad why did BMW make it standard on 7 Series, X7s or new X5 hybrid?

You can also apply the same criteria for owners with xLine - they're driving around in the standard adaptive suspension. Or drivers with Off-Road package? Should they be concerned with how poor their handling is without Adaptive M Suspension?

Point is BMW has provided drivers with more suspension options in the new G05 than past X5s.
Nice spin, Adam Schiff would be proud of you.

I never said the suspension was bad, never even insinuated it was bad.

I never said it was poor either.

Air suspension is designed to soften the ride, alter the handling, etc. Adaptive M suspension is designed to be very sporty, aggressive stiff responsive suspension. It is very noticeable when you change between Comfort, Sport and Sport Plus. Driving both a 2016 and a 2020 at the M Performance facility on their track, you absolutely can tell a difference between the settings when making very aggressive directional changes, cornering, breaking, etc. I have NO DOUBT that there would be a difference in handling with the air suspension as that is what air suspension was designed to do.
Appreciate 0