06-08-2020, 01:31 PM   #50
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Not sure if this has been said...... but I purchased air suspension on my M50i, because the roads where Inlive are worse than any of the 30+ countries and 45 states I've been to.

But.... I rarely ever test the "limits" of it's handling. It's an SUV. It's not ever going to handle like a sportscar, no matter what you do to it..... ever. My theory.... was "why try?". I'll take the comfortable ride.

Oh.... and an added bonus that I never thought about? Is the ability to lower the car for a more aggressive appearance. Sounds silly, but I use it EVERY SINGLE TIME I turn the car off. It's become part of my shut-down routine, and I don't even think about it.

And.... another added bonus..... is that if you want to go even lower than that.... all you need is a set of $125 drop links.... that can be easily installed by removing only the wheels. No removal of springs, struts, etc is required.

For me..... the air suspension is an absolute no-brainer. Absolutely get it.
That's true. Our roads are horrible. That's why I am so happy with the air suspension. I didn't dare to take the 22 inch like you did. I really hate the shocks of the tires on the connection between concrete plates on B roads over here.

Ps I hope you haven't lived in the Middle East or Africa because that would really make our roads the worst in the world.

And like you mention too I drive an suv for the comfort which is great. If you want a good handeling car better buy something else.

So choosing air suspension or not is very personal. What is floaty for one might be comfortable for another. And I know that sport suspension with 22 inch wheels would drive me crazy but for someone else it would by fantastic.
Appreciate 0