View Single Post
      06-09-2020, 01:45 PM   #59
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
That's true. Our roads are horrible. That's why I am so happy with the air suspension. I didn't dare to take the 22 inch like you did. I really hate the shocks of the tires on the connection between concrete plates on B roads over here.

Ps I hope you haven't lived in the Middle East or Africa because that would really make our roads the worst in the world.
I have not. However, I have spent a considerable amount of time in Central and South America, including 3rd world mountainous roads in Peru. I've also driven across Korea (when it was still 3rd world), and poverty-stricken Southeast Asia, all over Eastern Europe, and literally every major city in the US...... And yes, Belgium has the worst roads I've ever experienced, worldwide. Barring somewhere "war-torn" and "bombed"..... I can't think of anywhere worse.

Admittedly, I live in the Southern tip of Wallonia..... which is the worst in the whole country. Up North it's much nicer.

Even still.... I am still buying 22s as my Summer wheels (21s on the car now). I would have opted for 20s, but my dealer reminded me that 20s would have reduced my top speed down to 130mph. That's why I went with 21s.

I won't be in Belgium long though. Maybe another year.... tops.
Appreciate 1
X5 45e1090.50