Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
That's true. Our roads are horrible. That's why I am so happy with the air suspension. I didn't dare to take the 22 inch like you did. I really hate the shocks of the tires on the connection between concrete plates on B roads over here.

Ps I hope you haven't lived in the Middle East or Africa because that would really make our roads the worst in the world.
I have not. However, I have spent a considerable amount of time in Central and South America, including 3rd world mountainous roads in Peru. I've also driven across Korea (when it was still 3rd world), and poverty-stricken Southeast Asia, all over Eastern Europe, and literally every major city in the US...... And yes, Belgium has the worst roads I've ever experienced, worldwide. Barring somewhere "war-torn" and "bombed"..... I can't think of anywhere worse.

Admittedly, I live in the Southern tip of Wallonia..... which is the worst in the whole country. Up North it's much nicer.

Even still.... I am still buying 22s as my Summer wheels (21s on the car now). I would have opted for 20s, but my dealer reminded me that 20s would have reduced my top speed down to 130mph. That's why I went with 21s.

I won't be in Belgium long though. Maybe another year.... tops.
We can be proud . We're best at having bad roads. I live in the north btw.

Do you mean 130 mph on winters or on summers?

I have 19 inch winters and 20 inch summers and I was not aware of a reduced maximal speed.

I don't think I would go faster than 130 in Germany anyway. I tend to stick around 100 - 110 mph max. Fuel consumption is going up and the time you win by driving faster is lost with the extra fuel stop. Fun factor is something else.

Edit my 19 inch have speed index H = 210 km/h, the 20 inch have V = 240 km/h
Appreciate 0