Quote:
Originally Posted by Osheatwo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
Update to all....I went with the air suspension and after 6 months of enjoying my X5, I can safely say it was the right decision. Perfect balance of ride, comfort, and handling. Really pleased with the air suspension.
Which level do you find you like to have it at the most? and why?
I always drive in Sport individual (position 2). It's lower than the comfort mode setting (position 3) and sport gives me just the ride I would expect from a BMW SUV. Not floaty at all, just a nicely balanced ride with minimal pitch and squat from acceleration and braking. Comfort is a little too soft for my liking, but I can see how comfort can come handy when driving on non compliant roads or long hauls. I have the 22 inch wheels, and combined with the air suspension in setting 2, it's my ideal set up for this type of vehicle.
Can you ride in position 2 in comfort mode or switching to position 2 manual will put the car in sport mode?
Yes, you can drive with air suspension in Sport level in with any of the Driving Dynamics modes - COMFORT, ADAPTIVE or SPORT.

No, adjusting the air suspension to Sport level does not switch the Driving Dynamics mode to Sport.

Personally I drive 96% of the time in ADAPTIVE mode and manually adjust air suspension to Sport level.

Driving Dynamics modes affect various vehicle characteristics and settings.

Pressing SPORT Driving Dynamics mode on the console changes the following driving dynamic settings from COMFORT to SPORT:

Damping
SPORT, lowers the air suspension to SPORT level and electronic damping control to sport

Steering
SPORT, heavier steering

Engine
SPORT, throttle response

Transmission
SPORT, hold gears longer in conjunction with engine

The following systems are also adjusted:
- Integral Active Steering (if optioned)
- Display in instrument cluster
- Cruise control

You can configure the above settings via iDrive under Configure SPORT INDIVIDUAL:

CAR > Settings > Driving Mode > SPORT INDIVIDUAL > configure your personal settings

Appreciate 1
Osheatwo206.50