threebabies
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
For all of you Soldiers, DA Civilians, Contractors, and Expats who purchased a U.S. Spec BMW and had it show up in Germany - I want to share something that my sales rep shared with me in Bavaria. I purchased the 2021 X5 from Bavarian Auto Sales (Kesha) and she told me another one of her clients had to do a few things to make a working Idrive7 ConnectedDrive Account register. As soon as the validation comes through in 10-ish days (just took delivery yesterday), I'm going to try it out and verify that it actually works and test a secondary thing. From the text messages she copied to me, they read as follows: --------------------------------------------------- "Everything works. I had to send us connected drive my verification documents. I sent them my certificate of origin and sent them that. After a few days they emailed me telling me to call to finish setting up the account." "So it does work lol. They need to make sure their warranty validation has been completed for at least 14 days prior to trying to activate the connected drive" --------------------------------------------------- So... From the sound of it 1. I have to wait 14 days after the warranty validation has happen. 2. I have to get in touch with BMW ConnectedDrive team and send them supporting documents (Certificate of Origin) 3. Use a US address and the car is state side not in Germany. Respond to the ConnectedDrive rep email by phone to finish setting everything up.

Copied from another thread similar to what I did but straight to US connected drive.

Also after adding it to connected drive please login to connected drive on the vehicle. You will then get the pin sent finally
This was from my post and it isn't even that involved. Everything that can work is working now. Apparently the person that I was referencing who did this had to jump through hoops in order to make it work.

Here's what I did.

I contacted ConnectedDrive US with the following message:

"Team,

I'm attempting to add my new BMW X5 to the ConnectedDrive but am running into issues with the following prompt:

"No data was found for this Vehicle Identification Number."

My vin is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Attached is the Certificate of Origin. Is there a way to manually link the ConnectedDrive services to my account? Any help would be appreciated."

The ConnectedDrive US team took about a week to respond and when they did I got the message:

"We checked and found out that the vehicle is missing TCU / SIM Card information because it does not have mandatory SA Code S-06AF. Without SIM information, the vehicle cannot be imported to our system. Please reach out to the dealer for adding the necessary SA codes."

I was planning on calling them but they don't allow for business skype numbers to call via VOIP. I was going to gather the TCU information when suddenly I got an email (13 days after their reply) saying the vehicle was mapped to the username. I really didn't do anything other than sending the initial email. It started working 4 days ago and i'm pretty happy. I just wanted android auto. I'm lazily going through and testing things to see what will work in the car. I know that the ConnedctedDrive App will not work with the Lock, Unlock, Lights, or Horn. Pretty much the entire phone app is useless. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay definitely work. The Drive Recorder also works.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0