View Single Post
      03-05-2021, 11:34 AM   #161
JJRX5
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebabies View Post
This was from my post and it isn't even that involved. Everything that can work is working now. Apparently the person that I was referencing who did this had to jump through hoops in order to make it work.

Here's what I did.

I contacted ConnectedDrive US with the following message:

"Team,

I'm attempting to add my new BMW X5 to the ConnectedDrive but am running into issues with the following prompt:

"No data was found for this Vehicle Identification Number."

My vin is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Attached is the Certificate of Origin. Is there a way to manually link the ConnectedDrive services to my account? Any help would be appreciated."

The ConnectedDrive US team took about a week to respond and when they did I got the message:

"We checked and found out that the vehicle is missing TCU / SIM Card information because it does not have mandatory SA Code S-06AF. Without SIM information, the vehicle cannot be imported to our system. Please reach out to the dealer for adding the necessary SA codes."

I was planning on calling them but they don't allow for business skype numbers to call via VOIP. I was going to gather the TCU information when suddenly I got an email (13 days after their reply) saying the vehicle was mapped to the username. I really didn't do anything other than sending the initial email. It started working 4 days ago and i'm pretty happy. I just wanted android auto. I'm lazily going through and testing things to see what will work in the car. I know that the ConnedctedDrive App will not work with the Lock, Unlock, Lights, or Horn. Pretty much the entire phone app is useless. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay definitely work. The Drive Recorder also works.

So I haven’t been able to run this down the last couple of months since I have been TDY to the UK. As regards the above, was this process used to set up the vehicle overseas or the US? When I tried to have the Germans add the vehicle to connected drive, they basically said sorry wasn’t a use case when we designed the car. I don’t know if I can even tackle this issue until I get back to Germany, but I would like to know if anyone has successfully got their US spec 2021 X5 added to connected drive. If so was it done through BMW US or Germany?
Appreciate 0