Russ103
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwauug View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ103 View Post
I would like to de-badge my wife's M50i as well, but she won't hear of it. She says that all the X5's she sees are X40i's (which is true) so she likes being a woman driving a 523hp V8 grocery getter. I prefer the under the radar look of no badges.
Just curios on the de-badge thing - other than this forum banter (or a cleaner look), I don't think most people know or care about line designations. Thad said, if anything, I'd think some people may their assumptions about BMW drivers etc.

To me, get the car you enjoy the most, does't stress you when writing a check, and provides the utility you need - very subjective, but it's your $$ and you are driving it !
You're absolutely correct that 99.9% of people have no clue what the difference is between trim levels. I actually think that most people see the X5 as just another SUV. Those who pay slightly more attention see a BMW, and don't think beyond that. I would bet that 99% of people wouldn't know the difference between a 128i vs an M5CS, other then the fact that both are BMW's, and therefore have owners who light cigars with $100 bills.
Appreciate 1
FiatLux11.50