View Single Post
      06-27-2022, 02:16 PM   #34
joinauto
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialpro1 View Post
In a dilemma lately over all the versions 40,50 and 45e. Head is already spinning and I'm trying to make a decision shortly .

I've test driven 40i (with the 20' wheels) and m50i and like them both. 50i (with the 22' wheels), FELT heavier (by a wide margin), but was more FUN on the go pedal and looks sweet. 40i V6 is really smooth, and punchy as well. I like that the '22 50's come with the Harman Kardon still.

I've been looking for a 40i but a decent deal popped up on a pre owned 22 m50i speccd close to my liking.

Side note also - for the next year I will be working from home (so gas mileage OR wear and tear is not that much of a concern) - and this car will probably overall see its miles short trips around town and probably 70-80% of its use on family road trips (hence the reason for getting an X5). After the next 12 months, I might be driving to the office again, and can switch out the car again if I need to.

I hope the V8 won't be a waste as primary use is road trips - but on the OTHER hand, when I do take short trips around town - it will be more of a blast. Overall in the next 12 months I'm forecasting it might not see more than 4-5K miles TOPS on it.

Obviously price difference is ~20K between 40 and 50.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Do any 50i owners wish they got the 40?

I currently do not have a 'fun toy', so other thinking is 50i will take place of awesome DD and road trip space for the fam.

I was trying to stay away from the 22' sized wheels from the angle of road trips (and more tire noise and less cushion), but maybe they are fine as well.

Probably just overthinking all of this, and will be happy with any of the versions.

Thanks for the input.
I would get the lighter 40i if it offers DHP for the driving dynamics. Otherwise, the car feels wobbly (disappointed). But DHP is not an option on 40i any more.

M50i will be more powerful but a lot heavier. Would not option it without DHP. The V8 growl is nice though.
Appreciate 1
3Wagon129.00