Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
8TR disables Lane Change Assist, maybe some other functions. You would need their FA and SVT to compare with and without 8TR and do an offline whole car comparison to ensure their are no other ECU impacted by removal of 8TR. On my UK car LCA was the only difference with 8TR.

If you remove 8TR from their FA and save it back, then VO Code the 3 ECU listed, LCA should then work. It will also persist beyond any future software updates.

You could also FDL code LCA using the codes I published in 2019, but those changes will need recoding with each software upgrade.
Thanks for that. This would also explain why he also does not have Assisted Driving View in his Kombi as well. In my opinion it is an integral part of Lane Change Assist.

I am reluctant to change the FA list permanently on someone else's car. It raises alarm bells when the dealer has to replace faulty ECU's & flash them to the latest iStep. I had a surround camera module replaced in my F15 & it had to be coded "offline" as my FA did not match the factory FA (I added 2TB to the list when I retrofitted a paddle shift steering wheel.) Dealer was ok with it just wanted to know how I did it.