03-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #19
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
At least he had the humility to get another job for his families sake.

I know guys making $60,000 who wouldn't stoop down to a pizza guy job because of pride.
+1. I give him big props for swallowing his pride and getting a job, regardless of what it was. Most guys would commit suicide if they were to lose their good paying job, it's been documented. I read a research conducted by a professor in my university and most guys said that they can't take the feeling of losing the house, cars, etc., basically everything they worked for.

I'm surprised that he would put all of his eggs in one basket, being in the profession he was in and all.

He's not by himself though, a lot of people are living way outside of their mean. Like one of my neighbors...he was stressing about being short on money a couple of months ago and 3-4 days ago he got a new M6. This car is the 4th one in the household and it hasn't moved since the day he brought it home. Hell take this board for example...one day you see a "check out my new rims" thread, 2 weeks later you see a "hey guys I'm about to lose my job, I need someone to assume my lease" being posted.
Appreciate 0