View Single Post
      09-01-2021, 01:50 PM   #341
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk_05 View Post
I'll add my 2 cents for what has worked for me. I'm down about 30 lbs in the past 3.5 months, back to the weight I was before I discovered beer ~20 years ago, ha. I'd been roughly the same weight for 10-15 years, 225 lbs. A ski injury this past winter had me pretty sedentary for 3 months and I felt like I hit rock bottom in terms of how I felt, although my weight didnt change much.

I started using the Noom app/program. I feel like its a combination of what quite a few folks have said. The goal overall is to make long term behavior changes.

Big piece is an overall calorie deficit, so tracking what you eat and burn.

Second, changing what you eat (more fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc, less processed foods and sugar). By changing what I eat, the calorie decrease was never difficult. The better foods keep you feeling full and more energized for longer.

Another big piece of the program is understanding why you do what you do and how to slowly make incremental changes. This applies to your diet, snacking habits, workout routine, etc.

So long story short for me, lower calorie intake, better quality food, regular exercise. Mostly biking 10-20 miles a day for me, but if i can't get that in, making sure I at least get in a long walk in the neighborhood to get some steps in. Currently at 195 lbs and feel great.
Yes I almost forgot the most important detail about food and you graciously reminded me.

"Food is FUEL. Food is NOT comfort."

Don't treat restaurants like an amusement park for your mouth and belly.

I rode a bike forever. I will cycle, walk, swim or row. I loathe running (unless there's a 280lb linebacker chasing my ass) and it's tough on the joints. Cycling I found enjoyable, I just hate that it's roughly 1 mile walking is equivalent to 5-6 miles riding in terms of energy spent and calories burned

And don't make excuses (like I did cuz it's been overcast and cold)
Appreciate 2
chassis6646.50
3PedalJake2613.50