View Single Post
      08-18-2018, 09:35 AM   #33
Old-School
Rep
Drives: 135i

I have actually considered it. Just because I am in the market now. I yesterday drove a 2018 X5M and loved it & am a real car/driving enthusiast & have owned many BMW's.

Have wondered with the 2019 X5 50i - optioned with DHP/MSport/22" wheels - how close to that X5M in terms of overall sound/drive I'm going to get. That combo gives you a lot of suspension goodies, roll control, active steering, MPerf exhaust, the MPerf brakes - It's got a fair bit of enthusiast stuff going for it. I realize it's not the "real M" but I do wonder how close it is. I was quoted with all those options $84k on a $90k MSRP which included quite a few options not available on X5M. (Factory hitch, ACC, etc)

As to how close a 2019 50i with all those options would be to the M50i, I would bet the primary difference btw the two will be the ±60hp - which tuning could very easily make up for, & I'd bet (tuning) accounts for probably at least some of the gains for the M50i in the first place.

But ultimately - I really don't know - hence my trepidation.. your thoughts? thanks

Last edited by Old-School; 08-18-2018 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0