02-05-2019, 11:58 AM   #26
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I'm going to disagree with you. I've had excellent experience at both the Porsche and Mercedes dealerships I deal with. This has been for both warranty work and some after warranty stuff. They are expensive once you get out of warranty and I've found a good indie in my area for both so will move their after warranty. I'll happily pay a lot less and forgo the car wash, loaner and free coffee in the waiting room.

When I had my BMW I had crapy experience at the dealership near where I lived, since I was out of warranty it was off to the indie.....hate to say it but the treatment in the showroom and service at BMW was awful. I suspect it was dealer specific but one bad experience can turn you off a brand.
The things we are saying are really not all that different. I’m saying that two shitty experiences at a BMW dealer isn’t a good reason to stop buying BMW’s altogether, because there’s a good chance that you’ll end up with shitty service at another marque’s dealership. Which is not too different from your statement that the experience is dealer-specific.

The OP is in California, and there are plenty of California members chiming in...maybe one of you can give him a good reco
Appreciate 0