No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaze22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Question for for existing owners..
Curious how longs trips go where charging isn't an option at any point? Driving 100+ miles to a destination then driving around for days (beach/slopes/etc). I am thinking about the usual family weekend away or weeklong vacation.

Does driving the car in hybrid mode in a situation like this function like a non-plug-in hybrid? Where the car will maintain the battery to some extent and optimize when to use each? Or does it just deplete down to 0 and you are stuck in ICE once depleted?

I am fine with paying a few mpg on the highway/higher speeds if it means I could keep the battery for assistance in traffic/low speeds but I wouldn't want to keep fiddling with modes
I'd say mode-fiddling is both inevitable, and part of the fun! As far as I can tell so far, the Adaptive and Hybrid modes don't actually recharge the battery; that's only for the Battery Control mode, which significantly eats into your mileage. However, compared to charging at 110 v, it's dramatically faster—you probably gain 5km range for every 10 km driven, compared to over an hour's charging on Level 1 to achieve the same range. I do not have much experience with it yet, so I hope I'm wrong and Adaptive really would charge the battery—but I haven't seen it do that yet. Anyone else know better?
My assumption was that hybrid mode would function like a non plug in, essentially battery neutral. Use some battery to boost ICE mpg when it's weakest, from starts or accelerating and regenerate somewhat during braking, coasting, or at highway speed.
Appreciate 0