09-18-2022, 02:42 PM   #61
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
When I have some time later I will go out and try it just to make sure I'm not imagining things. Like I said, I usually hit it but have not always done so.
Ok, here is what I just did. One thing I didn't mention earlier is that I have the upgraded Full version of BimmerCode in case that makes a difference in which modules in the car you can access and/or change.

Plugged my Ethernet OBD reader into the OBD port and the other end into my Ethernet to Lightning adapter and then plugged the adapter into my iPhone

1. Brought up the BimmerCode app on my phone and pressed Connect

2. Got a connection error and pressed the Open manual option

3. The manual for connecting via Ethernet tells me to press the cars Start button 3 times, which I then did and in a couple of seconds my dash display showed Diagnostic Mode active in white letters at the middle bottom of it. (This pic is out of order)

4. Started over by going back to BimmerCode and pressing Connect

5. After BimmerCode finished reading all the modules, it opened to the page you see in pic 5, showing the various modules it found in the car. Here you can see the Engine Centrol Unit which is the one you want for coding ASS

6. Selecting the Engine Control Unit brings you to the next page showing what features you have some control over. You can see on mine that I have both ASS features turned off (inactive).

That how I disabled ASS full time no matter what mode I start my car in or put it in while driving.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0