View Single Post
      08-31-2015, 04:16 PM   #3
Pyewacket69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa55
Drove a brand new 235i automatic a few days ago. Still had plastic on my headrest when i got into it. The salesman told me to floor it going onto the highway to get a feel for the performance/accel. He said bmw's have no break in period. I was skeptical about this and felt bad about flooring it (my acura had a break in period when i got it, my dads new benz had a break in period under 1k miles etc).

Any truth to his claim that bmw's do not specify a break in period? If it is false, this is the precise reason i would want to custom order a car. I dont trust anyone driving it before me. I was sitting at a porsche parking lot a week ago on my phone before i looked around and a guy who who worked there took a cayman s out on the street, sticker in window, probably to grab lunch around noon and basically floored it after getting out of the lot. Who knows how else it has been beat up. I wouldnt want to buy that car...would you??
Your sales guy is an idiot. Simple as that.

If you elect to order a vehicle specific to your desires (which I prefer, as I get exactly the car I want in the way I want it), use a different sales guy... Preferably one that has taken the time to know something about the product he/she is selling.
Appreciate 0