12-05-2018, 10:25 PM   #224
wanderlustX5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
I agree with all of this but I contact the CA by email instead of in person. I tell them the build and give them the code off the BMW NA Build your Own site, and say I want to do a deal at XX% off MSRP (I did 6%) plus incentive and ask the CA if he is interested in doing a deal at that discount. I give him a couple of days to respond, saying I'd like to do business with him but if he cannot do it to let me know by close of business two days from now so I can keep shopping. If he says yes, I then ask for an email from him with all fees so there are no suprises. If acceptable, then I make an appointment to visit in person and do the paperwork.

I've done this twice now and its worked perfectly both times.

On my recently ordered X5, I thought 6% off MSRP plus 3k in incentives (plus another 1k from BMW CCA) was a good deal on a brand new model so thats what I asked for and they agreed. After reading the latest posts, I think I left 1% on the table. The 9.7% off MSRP that one poster claimed is not verified.

Best of luck.
Thank you for your tip! its always better to have things such as these in writing. either email or texting. 9.7% off MSRP is ridiculous. I don't buy it.
Appreciate 0