View Single Post
      03-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #20
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike519 View Post
Thank you for your post. I have read through the various tracking posts, however, I am in Canada and cannot use the BMW USA website to track status. The fellow I was asking is Canadian so I had wondered if he had a line on another way to track aside from the dealer and BMW Canada phone.
This is for Canadians.Once you know your VIN,go to the VIN decoder and put your VIN in to get your production date.Then you need to change the last number of of VIN,one number lower or greater.This will give you another 2 series car.Then make sure it is a US car and that it was built on the same day as your car.All of this info is listed in the VIN decoder.Then go to the BMW genius website and register the car,using the US VIN with a US user name,US address and US phone number.Once you do that it will give you the production number and production status.Then you can call the 1-800 number on the website and talk to a genius rep who will give you detailed production status info about your car.He will ask for your phone number.Just make sure you give him the same US phone number that you used when you registered on the website.The 1-800 number works from Canada.Because the US car has finished production the same day as your car it will be on the same ship from Bremerhaven.All of the ships from Germany go to Halifax first and then to the US ports along the east coast of the US,New York and then Baltimore.I just did this and it worked.My new M2 just arrived in Halifax on March 10.This is the only way to track the car now for Canadians because the W and W website doesn’t let you track the car on the ship anymore with the VIN.

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage
Appreciate 0