View Single Post
      12-29-2018, 09:30 AM   #9
MikeElmendorf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5/2024 i5 M60

While ultimately they will get this stuff working, there’s really no excuse for all the issues so many are experiencing. Most of them I observed on my ride home from picking up the car. Hard to believe even basic testing would not have revealed them. On top of that, the fact that the most recent software update nuked most of the apps for so many of us is really galling.

I would be enjoying my 2019 X5 much more now if it had the same iDrive as my 2018 540, which, while it doesn’t look as nice (both the UI and the screen itself—the new screen is beautiful), it just works. Perfectly, all the time, doing everything it is supposed to do.

I have it on very good authority from a German friend who was home for the holidays and got together with some of his buddies in Munich who are high level BMW execs (including the head of global quality for BMW) that they are well aware of these issues and an update is due on or about January 7 that should fix much of this. He spoke to them in detail about what was going on with my iDrive (the same issues so many others have reported) and they knew about it all.

Still, can’t understand how these issues escaped testing. I volunteered to test their future vehicles....
Appreciate 1
ADK-X528.00