Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
I was never given a reason but I could find out.

Edit: apparently some of the chemicals in waxes can hurt the coating from what I read. It's ok if you use a strictly pure carnauba wax

also waxing will negate some of the reasons for using ceramic like repealing water to the same degree or could causing marring on the ceramic. Waxes aren't designed to be put over ceramic coatings
I would be interested to hear your findings because i think most of this is incorrect. A ceramic coating is designed to be harder than the clear coat so you should not induce any marring if you add a quality carnauba wax or sealant as long as it is NOT a cleaner wax or polish with any abrasives in it.

As for repealing water, waxes have their own properties for this so it will just react differently until the wax itself dissipates.

However, this is just my speculation and I could be completely wrong. It has definitely happened before lol
That's what I found by doing some checking, I could also ask a few companies directly. I agree about the marring but ceramic can still get scratches it's just harder to do
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0