View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 02:08 AM   #34
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

I've maxed out at around 75 km so far in terms of range

A lot has to do with driving style, mode and area where you drive. The fact that the car is parked outside or inside can also influence it, especially if you use pre-heating.

Some things I've noticed:

Adaptive mode only gives you 0 - 20 in speedometer in terms of electric driving -> thus not allowing you to push the pedal too much -> if you do it goes non-electric but in terms of range I have gotten more range in adaptive more versus electric mode

Electric mode gives you 0 - 40 in speedometer in terms of electric driving but going above 20 there drains the battery faster - more pull but also more electric consumption (logical)

Besides these you also have seat heating for example which takes away range, not sure how many other features drain the battery

Light braking regenerates more according to speedometer than just rolling downhill so I try to apply that

Highway = big no no in terms of speed if you want to max out your range, 120 km/hour drains the battery much faster (thus you're driving in electric mode) - probably takes down range by around 40-50% so I don't drive electric on highway (unless in traffic jams or speed goes below 90)

There is also setting for battery charge % which is set to default to 80% or 90% I believe. If I'm understanding correctly, this is to make the battery last longer but that would also mean that is is never really charging up to of it's capacity (100% range would be 85 km according to papers then) so when it shows 100% charged it is in fact less because of this setting - haven't played around with it to see if I can increase range but I would assume it

If the above is correct, 90% is around 76 km and then you maxed it out basically.
Appreciate 0