View Single Post
      08-25-2023, 10:18 AM   #4
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn2Srf View Post
I use a dragy and just took delivery on my 24 M60i but I won’t be doing any launch runs for a little while. I’ll also be adding race chip. I’ll keep you guys posted down the line.

One thing that I’m sure other owners can speak for is upon delivery, I started the vehicle and thought it was electric It was so quiet, but I’m also realizing 100 miles in, it has progressively gotten louder on startip and under load and slightly faster even though it’s still limited the first 310 miles. Just a heads up for future owners it is whisper quiet to start, but don’t be alarmed. It starts to open up with time. Very different than my m50i. I’m sure with whatever European rules it’s quieter than the M50I overall, but that can be fixed down the line as well.
Baseline #s from multiple tuners is showing the M60i to be in the 590HP range so very understated as many BMWs have shown to be for what ever reason the manufacturer may have for doing so which is quite different from the Asian car makers who are notorious for overstating their power #s.
A RC or JB4 on top of an M60i is going to be a strong piece for sure.
Appreciate 1
Mtn2Srf283.50