View Single Post
      02-15-2024, 01:54 PM   #69
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

All great responses. I am just absolutely perplexed that people are spending so much for fast food. The costs do not seem sustainable.

I also find it interesting how things have shifted so much in the past 30 years. I grew up middle class and my family might have eaten out at a restaurant once a month, if that, and fast food or take out maybe once a month as well. This seemed to be the norm for the majority of my friends. There were probably 10% of the restaurants available to us then as there are now. It's really kind of crazy to me and I've lived this area of Kansas City for 45 years. My family eats out a lot now, probably 8+ times a month. It also makes me question if people are really worse off now than they are back then as so many complain about trying to make ends meet. We seem to spend a ton more on eating out and on other luxuries that eat into our finances that we didn't have 30 years ago. Perhaps that's for another thread.