Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Jacking the car up and rotating the tires is not a true test of an active diff. That warning is telling you that there is a problem with the diff. If it was "locked" you would have difficulty steering the car.
agree, I think turning sharply you might hear the outside wheel squealing or feel some dragging if its truly locked.
Quote:
Jacking the car up and rotating the tires is not a true test of an active diff. That warning is telling you that there is a problem with the diff. If it was "locked" you would have difficulty steering the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
This happened to my stock F80, both times at the end of a track day.

They eventually replaced the differential control unit. My suspicion was damage from heat/overheating, but even after a regional BMW NA M-technician looked at it, they never did give me a clear root cause.

I sold my M3 short thereafter. I'm pretty bummed, this is still an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Quote:
agree, I think turning sharply you might hear the outside wheel squealing or feel some dragging if its truly locked.

Thank you all for the insight and the help it's much appreciated. 2 days ago I decided to go in and flash back to stock and everything was fine with bmw. Long story short it was a sensor failure because of voltage drop. That's the code that came up. Which makes a lot of sense now because my battery had completely died like 2 weeks prior and it started then. Anyways they cleared the code and I drove it stock tune for a while then flashed it back to BM3 tune and everything is perfect thank God. They said if it comes back at all bring it back (obviously) so hopefully it's good to go!! Thanks again!!
Appreciate 0