10-25-2020, 01:05 AM   #17
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by njt07 View Post
Aside from the battery recalls, is there anyone that has owned their 45e for more than 3 months (US release was July 2020 I think) or longer period in Europe and haven't actually had any issues?

I know its a new model 1st year but the issues seem to be piling up and making me lean toward a different vehicle... or just waiting
I have mine for 10 months now.

I have two things. The car switching from electric individual to hybrid without obvious reason. And now and then the max charging switches down to 6A increasing the charging time. For me these two things are no major problems, software glitches. I have heard / hope they will be solved with the 11/2020 update.

For now no other issues. I am happy with the car.

The 45e engine was introduced in the 745e before the X5. First deliveries 02/2019.

I had a X5 40e before for two years they had to change the steering wheel column. Seems to be a general X5 problem. No problems with the hybrid system.

Modern cars have so many electronics that can only cause trouble. My first car was a Toyota Starlet 1.0. No options. I got it as a student when it was 6y old. It was in the family for 10y. Never had any problems.
Appreciate 1
njt078.50