View Single Post
      06-09-2020, 04:01 PM   #40
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Armin View Post
These numbers are crazy high, I leased a fully loaded X5 50i (custom ordered), 93K MSRP, 15K miles a year and in VA the sales tax is the entire purchase amount (6%), with zero down I'm paying currently $1222 a month, I paid only the first month when taking the car.

They are doing around 10-12% discounts on the regular X5s, no reason X5M should be any less. There is currently 72 of them NEW for sale on Autotrader, these dealers been sitting on these cars for a few months because of the pandemic, if you are not getting anywhere with your dealers on a new order, start looking at these to see if you find a match in terms of build for what you want, low ball them at $100K and try to land close to $105K (on the 120+ MSPRs) instead and find out what the current lease MF is from BMW, all dealers try to jack that rate up.

Personally I'm not going to get the competition package, I'm going to order a basic X5M with almost no options, I feel like it has every option almost I had to add to my current one, that puts my already at low 100s, then with similar discounts I should be able to land it for around $1400/month lease (technically the lease should only increase by $100 for every 10K in price), I can't see myself paying any more than that. When you get to the 2K range on a lease, you may as well get an exotic, just my .02.
If you want the best deal on these cars you are going to have to wait a few months. The low inventory isn't helping buyers get those 10% percent off deals. If you look at most dealers across the US most of them have maybe 1 or 2 X5M HEA cars in stock. Pre covid lock down you can get 11% off a regular X5 but now dealers are sticking to about 6% off. I've had two other friends shop and both of them couldn't get above 6% off. The sales guy flat out said he can't get enough X5s to sell after the factory shut down and all of the builds either got backed up or cancelled. I suspect once inventory builds back up and dealers starts filling up with 2021 models you will see these 2020 go for a much bigger discount but that is not happening right now given the unique series of events.

Alan