03-08-2020, 11:49 AM   #13
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRX View Post
Yes OPF and noise limits are big factor to consider in the UK. The installation of the OPF has muted the dB of the exhaust and further annual limits have kicked in. So next years M50i will be slightly quieter than your one!

The department of Transport has indicated it will remain aligned with EU legislation in respect of this and so our exhausts will continue to sound crap! As a future m3 buyer I'm really concerned it will sound awful.

Your best bet is to speak to motech ? Heard of them ? They might be able to help. Your model is so new the options might be limited for now but you may be able to get the resonator deleted which will increase the depth of the exhaust note and the volume slightly. As the OPF stays in place - it's legal

Good luck and great car, I would have gone for one if my annual mileage wasn't 18k!
Thanks mate. Yeah hoping there will be some good options coming out over the next 12 months or so. Aside from needing an SUV owing to getting a second dog one of the reasons I’ve broken my ten years of M3/4s is because of the new one not only looking a bit weird but also likely to sound pathetic if the X3M is anything to go by!
Appreciate 1
SDRX204.00