10-19-2015, 01:40 PM   #21
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
I drive n54 335i 6mt. I track, since 2010, probably on average I would say 12 events per year. If you want to keep the comfort:
-ditch the 19" for 18" with good tires
-install camber plates (at least dinan fix plates)
-m3 front control arms
-m3 sway bar
-keep the stock springs
-koni yellows
-track oriented alignment
-good brake pads and brake fluid

Gonna offer a slightly different opinion here, but I am sure feuer would agree to certain degree as well since we track together all the time.

Get BMW Performance Yellow spring at the very least, stock one is way too soft for this heavy car. Swift Spec-R springs are a good alternative as well (http://www.hpashop.com/Swift-Spec-R-...pec-R-335i.htm) Don't do the M3 rear sway bar unless you have LSD, and even then, its benefits is questionable for road course use. Front sway is highly recommended though.

The biggest NVH contributor will be your shock mounts/camber plates on this car, as I have found out by upgrading the car over the years. As long as you stay with stock rear shock mounts and stock front strut mounts, you will be ok assuming you are not running some overdamped shocks.

Get the Dinan front camber plates though, which reuses the stock strut mount, and the M3 front control arms. They will save you money on tires in the long run.
Appreciate 2