c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I don't know how you do it. I own 5 cars (2020 Mazda 3, 2020 4runner, 2016 M235, 2015 Outback, 2011 Cayman) though two are technically my kid's. I maintain all of them and I wouldn't want to maintain any more cars than this, no matter how much money I have. Insurance, maintenance and repairs, property tax, etc. adds up and you constantly feel like you're paying for something every few weeks. We easily have the money for all of this and all cars are paid for, but I have no desire to spend money like this so often. I like working on cars a lot, but not the expense of so many (the kid's do help pay and I teach them how to work on their cars). I can't imagine maintaining a large number of 10 y/o cars. I guess most people that have "collections" aren't really car guys anyways, in the sense that they actually know how to work on a car, much less even know how a car really works (not saying this is you). They essentially just like cars and don't have a passion for them.
I have the same issue. Four cars takes up a fair amount of time for service intervals, cleaning, inspections etc. Plus in VA we pay tax on vehicles every year so you’re kind of penalized for the cars you own and it’s based on value so if you have nice, expensive cars, you pay quite a bit more. One way to reduce the tax is to find a county that taxes personal property at a lower rate and buy a home there to tie the cars to. But beyond that, I feel I’d have to hire someone to help me maintain everything. So I’m think four cars is enough for me.
Appreciate 0