View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 01:39 PM   #7
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
When he mentioned that it would be less money than the Bentley Bentaga, I laughed so hard I spit my coffee.
These low end Asian car companies love to be mentioned in sentences with BMW, Porsche, MB, Audi, etc... as if they are on par with the historical big boys. It’s marketing 101. These Asian vehicles have zero soul and zero original design elements. They have no idea who they are or unique identity because all they’ve been doing is copying elements of other vehicles for years with cheaper materials. Like a knock off Prada bag.
Not gonna happen and not gonna be a serious player to the Germans. They may snipe a few sales from Lincoln or Buick.
Well said. Personally I wouldn't keep any new German car after it's out of warranty (or imports if I had one) with all of the tech in them now, but I'm not ever cross-shopping BMW with Hyundai/Kia/Nissan/Toyota etc regardless of any of them being less money or possibly being more reliable.
I would assume those who are would only be someone who buys entry level German or someone who puts little emphasis on the importance of driving dynamics and main emphasis just the overall cost (savings) of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0