10-26-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Question Apple Carplay Activation from Bimmer-Tech

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with getting Apple Carplay unlocked/activated with Bimmer-Tech? I just took delivery of my 2021 X5 40i that I bought through the BMW military sales in Korea. Since the car is located in Korea I have no navigation, no telematics, I can't register the car, and the Connected Drive App doesn't work so I can't get Carplay through the Connected Drive. There are threads on here about this issue for US spec cars in other countries, especially the ones bought through the military program that aren't set up prior to being shipped overseas.. The only other option is to unlock/activate Carplay with Bimmer-Tech. I sent them an email like a week ago asking if they could activate it, but they said they couldn't for the MGU head unit. I looked at their website, and it showed its compatible with 2019-2020 G05 X5s. So I emailed Bimmer-Tech back and they say they can do it remotely. I called and spoke to the manager to get more info, and he stated the first guy just didn't know they could do it. So now i'm contemplating doing this, but I don't really want to spend $600 to activate something that I should technically have free anyway. Is there anyone that has done this to a 2019-2021 G05?

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/category...lay-activation

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims

Last edited by tbizzle86; 10-26-2020 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0