kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Doesn't the ZF8 Supra pretty well keep up to or exceed the times of a DCT equipped M2C on some tracks and comparisons? I've not heard of any Supra review where anyone has complained about delayed shifting as the transmission has been largely praised in that car. Also I have not seen this delay with my ZF8 equipped X3MC. The ZF8 is a better transmission for everywhere but the track and if you track your car a lot then you may have a beef as DCT's do downshift fractionally faster but if you don't then complaints like this are a bit of hot air.
Try braking hard into a corner then downshift sequentially with X3MC. It will lag. I'm not having that in my M3.

ZF8 is identical transmission in M240i(US spec) is identical and while I thought it was the fastest iteration of ZF8 I drove(only possible due to low torque, low boost setting of B58, notice the compression ratio of 11:1), I wasn't impressed by it. It will certainly not impress in new M3s that use higher torque application.

I do have to add I am an avid track guy. But this doesn't apply to just track driving, it also applies to daily driving when I want control over my car.

Last edited by kyrix1st; 04-10-2020 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0