08-21-2020, 08:54 PM   #22
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
signed up an order for lease on a 2021 x5 xdrive40 with MSport - executive at al from northern nj dealer. Conducted a reverse auction. Contacted 7 dealers. Only had any real engagement from 3. Was able to get 9% off msrp plus an addition 750 rebate. Base MF. 699 doc fee (a bit steep). Had 10 percent off plus the rebate in PA and a 521 fee but decided it was not worth my while to drive 5 hours round trip. 8% off from another NJ dealer with base MF but wanted 1200 in doc fees. Not an easy process - like pulling teeth except for the PA dealer. done all on the internet but I had some time. I think if you wait a month or two you will be back to getting 12 percent off.
We are shopping for 2 cars, you think it's bad with luxury cars, it's worse with economy cars. We've been eyeing $30k Rav4 or Nissan Rogues, and dealers don't even respond. One of them would not quote unless we go in and meet with their finance makes no sense, especially when everyone is pushing for online sales.
I might end up extending my lease 3 months or so because I don't have the energy or patience to deal with these dealers, might as well wait and let them chase me when things slow down.