View Single Post
      02-18-2019, 09:03 AM   #34
magbarn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 540i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsWhaHaeWi View Post
Yes, I’ll be moving on. I admire the tolerance some on these forums have for what’s essentially some beta testing of a supremely expensive product. This forum is a fantastic wealth of knowledge from enthusiasts. But it’s likely not representative of the average BMW buyer and having to trawl through topics to find answers to things ought to be embarrassing to BMW.

The A/C issue surprised me. It’s never really an issue on modern cars and my previous BMWs have had fantastic AC. It was a pleasant 70ish day on the long drive and we found ourselves asking wtf is going on with this AC? Any other car we’ve had with auto AC we just set it to 69 (mid fan speed) and forget. This car we had it set down at 64/5 with high fan speed. It blew cold then. Almost like a calibration issue. On a 70 degree day, any modern auto AC should be barely audible and should cool very easily.
So you did do adjust the hidden upper body temp setting right? My G30's A/C was making me go bonkers until I found this setting hidden in idrive which used to be a blue/red wheel on my previous Bimmers. It's now tied to my memory button 1 on the dash for quick changing. When it's in the middle setting, the air coming from the upper vents will be lukewarm and stuffy when you're trying to cool down the car....
Appreciate 0