03-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #54
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Actually, I agree with you on the application question. It might be difficult English, but I'm sure it can be worked through.
You're closing sentence I find a bit... worrying.

Murf
What I mean is the current buying frenzy is a drop in the bucket. It doesn't really change the equation. There are already 300 million guns in private hands in the US.

There are lots of things we could do to reduce violent crime. Exactly which crime and what steps are the connection that need to be made. Most of the proposed new gun laws fail to ever suggest what they will address or how it will work. Nor do they consider unintended consequences or the constitutionality of what they propose. Any proposal that actually meets the constitution and logically shows how it will positively impact our lives I am all for.

My issue is with politicians that pander to fear and suggest stuff that really doesn't work or make us safer. Or in many cases makes us less safe. But it gets them votes. They are no better than the ones that fear monger to gun owners or abortion foes. They know they aren't really solving anything.

My solution to much of our problems? Term limits. We need to have elected representation that understands it is NOT a superior class and in it for a lifetime career. Serve for a period and return to making a living in the private sector. Ahhh but I dream out loud.

Nice to converse without acrimony. Now, off to the golf course. With appropriate social distancing of course.
Appreciate 1
minn1914066.00