Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F34, 335iX GT M Sport

Garage List
Check Engine Light turns on and off after MPPK Installation

Check Engine Light turns on and off after MPPK Installation

Has anyone experienced this yet?

I have a US Spec, MY2014 F34, 335i GT, built in Oct 2013. I had the MPPK installed in Dec with the latest MPPK. After about two weeks of driving, the CEL came on. I made an appointment to have it looked at, the appointment was in two days. After work on Day1 of CEL, it disappeared, so i called the dealership and cancelled my appointment. I figured it was just a glitch maybe it was just really cold or something. Anyway the following week, the CEL came back on. I made another appointment, the appoinment was in two days. So, the day of my appoinment, the CEL disappeared again. I told the dealership that it was gone, they still kept the vehicle and wanted to run some tests. They kept it for a day, they connected with BMW Munich and BMW Munich couldn't find a fault either. They performed a reset and the CEL was gone. The next day the CEL was back on, on my drive home the same evening, about after it was parked for 8 hours, the CEL went away.

Needless to say, this is getting frustrating, making another appointment with BMW. The last time i picked up my car, i was told that if it happens again, they will have to keep my car for about a week to figure this out.

So, i don't drive the car crazy. I normally keep the cruise control on at 122km/hr to and from work. I travel 186km a day to work and back. Once in a while I will punch it and hit 250km/hr for a few to open her up.

Has anyone received any new news as to what is possibly happening? The car drives great, just the CEL coming on and off.
Appreciate 0