View Single Post
      06-13-2020, 12:26 PM   #16
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

I always cleaned my MAF every time I cleaned my filter, so I have never experienced any issues either. In the same respect though, why spend the money if I don't need to? I may look into a set of dry filters when/if they come available.

Gonna have to agree to disagree on the whp thing. I've always been more impressed with real-world track data than whp numbers, especially considering there are so many variables. If you're measuring "before" and "after" readings, I don't think it really matters whether you use chp or whp, as long as it's consistent.

Whp is great for internet comparisons.... but I'd much rather see 0-60 times. I'm hoping to bump into a Urus or a Trackhawk or an X5M one day at a drag strip one day lol.

536chp to 690chp is a 22% increase. I imagine that no matter what method is used for measurement, the 22% increase would remain consistent. No matter what type of dyno, no matter if measured at the wheels or the crank..... the "22%" would be consistent.

After all... the Demon is producing HUGE whp numbers, but consistently loses to less powerful cars in real world tests. Usually it's tire slippage, but it could be weight, parasitic drivetrain loss, etc. So many variables. I also think many tuning companies (Burger, Cobb, etc) are using chp now, to remain consistent with what the manufacturers have always used. I think it's less confusing.
Appreciate 0