View Single Post
      09-20-2023, 05:35 PM   #1
Jacob99
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 45E, Toyota Highlander

Phone Charger recommendations

Hi everyone, I have almost every available package on my X5 but I didn’t get wireless charging mainly because I read on here that it isn’t great, gets hot, etc. So I have this USB-C 48w mini charger that I bought on Amazon. I got 2 of them and it works great in my wife’s Highlander but not great in my car. I have it plugged in in the front near the cup holders and I have a USB-C to Lightining cable to connect to my IPhone. It sucks! Doesn’t really charge my phone. Just sort’ve prevents it from dying further (similar to what I read about wireless charging). The reason I got the mini adapter is I can leave it plugged in and it still allows me to close the cup holder compartment door. At this point I don’t care about the size, I just want something that’ll fast charge. I assume I’m not getting anywhere near the 48w but I’m looking for recommendations on what I can get or maybe I should be plugging it into the plug in the arm rest console? Is there more power in there? I’m on the phone a lot and use CarPlay so I need something that’ll charge. Thank you!
Appreciate 0