01-26-2021, 06:22 AM   #13
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffrey View Post
I think the 20 inches staggered look is very tempting compared to the squared 19 inches. Based on my experience (with the M Sport and M Sport Adaptive Suspension, but no dynamic handling package), with the 19 inches, the car feels quieter and you end up with a more comfortable ride in both Sport and Comfort modes if by comfort one means a softer ride. The 19 inches squared tires will last much longer because they can be rotated and the replacement cost is cheaper.

My subjective experience is that you are less likely to develop rattles with a 19-inch rim (I switched early from 20 to 19 inches and my car has no panel rattling at all), the narrow and squared tires are much better in the snow. The 20s look so much better. I just love the wide rear tires.

I guess looks over utility...
I forgot to mention, the biggest improvement to me was road noise when I went to the 19s. The X5 felt like a different vehicle in terms of inside noise when commuting to work. The difference in road noise doesn't come up often from what I can tell, but that is another big reason to get the 19s over the 20s.
Appreciate 0