View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 02:50 PM   #1
SensibleFaucet
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05

OEM Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Seasons

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I got the Pirellis in the tire dice roll out of the factory when I took delivery back in May. I've only recently had to drive through some heavier rain and on soaked highways and I have to say, I'm pretty surprised at how easily the car hydroplaned on these. The wet grip seemed okay, but the lack of hydroplaning resistance really gave me a knot in the pit of my stomach whenever I hit a puddle.

I don't drive aggressively in those conditions and I'm aware that any tire will hydroplane if going fast enough (especially wider tires) but I hit lots of different puddles at conservative speeds and the tires handled it poorly each time. Other cars seemed to be handling the same areas without issue.

So, I have two questions:

1) Anyone else?

2) I'm trying to figure out now whether I want to remove these and hang on to them until the end of the lease before throwing them back on. I'll be faster to do it if anyone can provide some treadwear feedback. Will these make it to 36,000 miles before getting to 4/32 of an inch under normal driving? Tirerack doesn't have enough data yet and neither do I. Has anyone had these for over 15,000 or 20,000 miles who can report how they're wearing?
Appreciate 0