07-04-2020, 12:20 PM   #13
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
I think we've had this discussion before. And I guess it's your opinion that every single person on this forum shares your view as well.

As I recall from a similar thread the majority of folks here were of the view that those speeds on NA roads was stupid.
I DO remember you complaining about speed on another thread! Now it makes sense. And you being 5.0 explains why. And I think you mentioned how crazy (though perfectly legal) German speeds are.

Well, after almost 2 years here I'm finding they aren't crazy at all. And being here made me realize how instead of teaching drivers to DRIVE, we criminalize the capabilities of our cars by punishing drivers. Super flawed system. See my point? If not let me explain:

Why is it illegal? Because most people can't handle the car at those speeds when something goes not according to expectations, I.E. THEY CAN'T DRIVE?

Why can't they drive? Because we teach young drivers rules, not how to actually drive, or handle emergency maneuvers.

Ok..... so what do we do?

We punish the people for braking the artificially low speed limits instead of teaching them to drive.

Oh! Ok, makes perfect sense! Let's just keep that up
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1