View Single Post
      12-31-2021, 10:51 PM   #432
sucoru
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Ok after trialing various regional codes changes in the 4 ECU's that require coding modification to work by myself and Deja011. I can confirm my initial suspicion from my post in March this year that TLA does not work here, NOT to insufficient coding but due to the Australian/NZ map database not containing Traffic Light Location data which is a prerequisite for it to work.

During a recent map update via USB drive, i found a configuration file that lists what map features are contained in the database and whether they are activated or not. Deja011 also modified the list too and reloaded the maps on his X5 and iDrive came up with the error missing traffic light data.

I would like to think this is the same reason why TLA does not work in other parts of the world like Russia and some eastern European countries. I would suggest the best thing to do before going down the coding route is to first check the contents of this file in your latest Map Update on your USB stick. If it has a 0 then no dice, if it has a 1 change it to a 2 and hope it activates the TLA data on the stick and finally if it has a 2 then you are on the money. Note in the pic below I already edited it from a 0 to 2 for trialing purposes
; -------------------------------
; MapSettings(TAG 52)
AddressLocationName = 0
BMWIconOnMap = 0
DrivingTrace = 0
Institution = 0
InterchangeNameOnMap = 0
MemoMark = 0
NameOfCurrentPosition = 0
ParkingMarkOnRoad = 0