View Single Post
      03-03-2020, 04:17 PM   #21
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
OK a bit more research today. Spent some real time at the Volvo dealer. Checked out the XC90. it is a legitimately nice vehicle.

Pros - solid value versus BMW counterparts. Offers a hybrid version with 400 HP. Really nice interiors and looks good.

Cons - was kinda boring to drive.

One thing Volvo does that is of interest is the Subscription program. The dealer wasn't crazy to talk about it because it subverts them somewhat. It's a program direct from Volvo like a lease that covers all repairs and insurance. You can do it for 24 months. I confess I am skeptical about the insurance part. I have large liability coverage and I mean you can get one of their midrange XC90s for $800 a month. Yeah, with insurance. Something askew here but it sounds great.

Oh with the regular Volvo if you have Amazon prime you can have packages delivered to the car. They will open the car one time for the delivery and note the time. Cool that.

The car I drove was the 316 hp supercharged 4 cylinder. Yeah, it probably is fast enough but I suspect I'll like driving the X5 with a real 6 cylinder engine.

We shall see.

On another front I stopped into the Genesis dealer. They are supposed to have one of the new GV80s in May. Would like to see one before I do the deed. Since I'm pretty easy on my wants with the X5 (they probably have several in stock at any given time I would take) I might wait til the last second so I can see one of these.

Stopped at Ford. Nope. I'm sure they drive nice and all that but the interiors just do not make it for me.
Appreciate 1