///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerReiter View Post
These Autogefuhl reviews are like 10 hours long. He starts by analyzing every line of the car, as if we were blind. EVERY LINE!
Then he tells us about natural animal leathers and whether this car killed the polar bears to have them. Then he just drives around aimlessly trying to find what to say.
Happy to finally see the drive reviews, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm disappointed to hear the consistent refrain in virtually all of the write-ups (didn't watch the videos yet) that the ride quality is too harsh - especially when compared to GLE 63s.

The ride quality was and still is my biggest concern about my upcoming ownership experience. I'm still buying this thing and I'm stoked, no doubt about it. I just love the look of the F95 inside and out far more than every other elite performance SAV in its class, so I think I'm willing to deal with the compromised ride comfort...at least for a few years. Maybe I'll be singing a different tune after I take delivery, making this my first and last X5M, but my first it will most definitely still be. Let the fun begin!
I don't mind stiffer suspension at all.

It's like made for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
I have never understood why they seem to struggle in this area so much, we can bet the G80 is going to be overly stiff too. Its like they are completely unaware of the 'normal' roads some of us have to drive on, only the super smooth ones in Germany. Incredibly frustrating as its a major issue for what could otherwise be a fantastic car.
I can't agree, for me BMW's worst period for ride quality was the M sport e9* cars with rubber band RFT on them, truly awful bone hard ride so bad that cracked wheels became a feature of that generation, the M version was better with more tyre side wall and no RFT the ride has been getting better through the F8* chassis and on to the G chassis.

I have the new X3M and again the ride is much better than my 2007 Z4C on RFT or any of my previous 5 M cars, I think people confuse a stiff chassis with a harsh ride for me they are different, the cars are getting stiffer but the damping and tyres are better.
Same here I love the new X3M drives.

I can't wait to drive the new X6M
Wills28656.00