View Single Post
      03-23-2020, 05:45 PM   #2
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfscott View Post
I've been waiting for the f95 to become available. Now that it is, I was kind of surprised to see some of the options for the M50i not available on the F95, such as acoustic glass, glass controls, towing hitch, different colors/interiors.

Is it possible to order any of these items on the F95, either via individual program or other means?

The M50i vs. f95 choice is not necessarily an obvious one. As someone who prefers AND rather than OR, i am curious.
Along with a number of other members on this forum, I can confirm that you are correct that a number of M50i options are NOT currently offered as option on the F95, such as:

Glass controls (although i wouldn’t give up the new X5M gear shift, i would like the crystal iDrive dial/knob).

Acoustic glass

LED Sky Lounge (not included in the F95 executive package, which is the biggest downer for me)

Shadowline grill surround trim and side vents on the non-Competition version of the F95 (a non-issue for those of us getting the Comp version)

There are a few other options I’m forgetting other than the tow hitch, but its been a while since I played with the M50i configurator. The first three above were the only ones I really cared about.

I’ve seen others add the glass controls post-production (search the G05 threads for lengthy discussions about this) and I’m sure IND will offer high gloss black grill surrounds and side vents for the non-comp model soon if they don’t already (they do for the X3M), but I doubt there are any after-market options for the LED Sky Lounge. Not sure how the acoustic glass works (integral or coated)...if the latter, perhaps there is an aftermarket solution there as well.

I suspect the 2021 model of the F95 will likely offer some of these along with additional individual color options.

Last edited by GSG5; 03-23-2020 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Correction
Appreciate 0